A collection of links to some of our family's travel exploits.
‘Every place is a goldmine. You have only to give yourself time, sit in a teahouse watching the passers-by, stand in a corner of the market, go for a haircut. You pick up a thread – a word, a meeting, a friend of a friend of someone you just met – and soon the most insipid, most insignificant place becomes a mirror of the world, a window on life, a theatre of humanity’ (Tiziano Terzani, A Fortune Teller Told Me, p. 198).
And so follows a few of my glimpses through the world's windows.
These are not grand tours or breath-taking adventures, nor the kind of travel that only hippies and professional writers can manage. They are ordinary family holidays, business trips ... the kind of casual travel anyone might undertake. I hope you find something here to interest you.
From Stuff: Top 10 surprising things about travel; Stuff, August 2011
- Pacific Northwest, December 1998
- The back road home from Wollongong, July 1999
- Germany, Austria, Italy - May 2004
- A bit chilly in Cairns, northeast Queensland, winter, 2007
- Western United States, Christmas 2008
- Revenge of the Killer Tomato, North Borneo, winter, 2010
Hits counted from 5 Jun 2018:
My Traffic Estimate